Thursday, April 23, 2009

long time- no blog

hi all.
it has been too long since i have checked in with you... the days are flying by and yet there is a feeling of being 'stuck'...
the grieving process has begun and there are many long and sad days, i know this may sound strange considering that Shiloh went to be with the lord almost 4 months ago...
it is hard to explain, but the joy i felt from just being alive was hard to cover up. my grief over losing Shiloh took a backseat to my gratefulness. all i can say about that is: that was all God. He carried me through. praise God.

God continues to carry us - but the reality of losing another child weighs heavy on our hearts. this week is made more difficult as I approach Shiloh's due date 4/28 . Daily, i wrestle with HIS WILL...

therapy is going OK. i am having a serious shoulder issue and i am scheduled for a cortisone shot next week. hopefully, that will enable me to continue with therapy. also - and i know what a trivial thing this sounds like...but my hair is falling out by the handfuls - side effect of coumadin- go figure.
any way - i sound like a whiner...and that is one huge obstacle in my recovery is needing so much help. i have so many loving family and friends, but it is hard to ask for simple things - cutting up meat, putting on clothes, folding clothes, etc....it is all so tedious. its getting easier for me, but - lets just say i can't be in any kind of a hurry. ha - now i have an excuse for always being late!!

hey - thank you to all of you who continually offer words of encouragement and for your prayers. what a tremendous gift of prayer we have - i
can not thank you enough.

with love, Leslie

2 comments:

  1. Leslie, We will be praying extra hard for you tomorrow and we love you very much.
    Tara and Aaron

    For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strenght. Philippians 4:13

    When I said, "My foot is slipping," your love, O Lord, supported me. Psalm 94:18

    I thank my God upon every remembrance of you. Philippians 1:3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leslie,
    I think of you often and wanted to send you love and encouragement. I am still reading your blog so don't stop updating. I am also on facebook and would love to keep in touch with you more often. I am so sorry to hear of your grief over Shiloh. I want you to know that you, your husband, and your sweet baby have not been forgotten. I feel so blessed to have had the opportunity to have been there on that night and to witness first hand the difference between beleivers grief vs.non-beleivers. You have faith that He has not forsaken you but has you both sitting in His hand-carefully shielding you and giving you strength to deal with this lifes uncertainties.Leslie,this life is short and we will all soon be with the Creator and will suffer no more pain.
    This is Christa Longbine, your recovery nurse from L&D sending you a big hug and wishing you peace.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to share..