Sunday, February 8, 2009

A beautiful return home

I don't quite know were to start, I am very thankful to have my lovely wife back home with us. Leslie has made incredible strides in her recovery and will begin Monday continuing her therapy from our house. I want to thank our family and friends for taking care of things around the house, it was great coming home to a clean and orderly home. It sure has been nice to also have some good home cooking at the house, home cooking is a little like medicine.

Our journey has been a very unique one for us, starting with some of the problems that we had for our son Shiloh, this was a difficult time for Leslie and I, we had no idea that we were going to be looking at multiple storms in our lives all at the same time , but that is what happened. Monday morning Jan. 5 2009 shortly after delivering Shiloh, the NICU team came to see me in Leslie's room to tell me that they had done all they could for our son Shiloh, and sadly he had passed shortly after birth that morning, my heart was broken for the loss of our son. My thoughts quickly turned to Leslie and how her recovery was going, when they told me she was not out of surgery yet, I took this time to go and be with Shiloh............,he and I spent a long time together before going to see his Momma, he was a beautiful little baby boy , fearfully and wonderfully made . I soon realized that Leslie was not doing real well, so I asked the only thing I knew to ask, Father help me, then it hit me, Shiloh was just fine, he was safe, so I turned my full attention to Leslie and took Shiloh with us as we moved from one room to the next. After we returned from Leslie's CT scan, God delivered a wonderful hearted servant named Amber, she had come as a volunteer to take pictures of Leslie and I, with our son together, but this would not happen, shortly after Amber came into the room the nurses said we were leaving immediately for ICU, so I asked Amber to take care of our son and she did just that with the help of the nurses in labor and delivery at Baylor. I tell you these things because I want you to know about our son Shiloh Ross Power ..........he was beautiful,.... and now our heart is to honor not only Shiloh but our Lord and Savior for the gifts in our lives. The next couple of weeks are going to be very busy ones for our family, we will get Leslie's therapy started up here in East Texas and meet with her new doctor, but we will also be planning to lay our son to rest. We have chosen February 21 2009 to be that day, please pray for my wife during this time, she is just beginning this chapter of our journey.


Thank you Father for the grace and love you have shone us.......thank you for all our family and friends, thank you for there servant hearts and the love they have shone us...........Amen

We love all of you very much
God bless JRP

1 Samuel 1


Hannah Dedicates Samuel


21 When the man Elkanah went up with all his family to offer the annual sacrifice to the LORD and to fulfill his vow, 22 Hannah did not go. She said to her husband, "After the boy is weaned, I will take him and present him before the LORD, and he will live there always."
23 "Do what seems best to you," Elkanah her husband told her. "Stay here until you have weaned him; only may the LORD make good his word." So the woman stayed at home and nursed her son until she had weaned him.
24 After he was weaned, she took the boy with her, young as he was, along with a three-year-old bull, an ephah of flour and a skin of wine, and brought him to the house of the LORD at Shiloh. 25 When they had slaughtered the bull, they brought the boy to Eli, 26 and she said to him, "As surely as you live, my lord, I am the woman who stood here beside you praying to the LORD. 27 I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him. 28 So now I give him to the LORD. For his whole life he will be given over to the LORD." And he worshiped the LORD there.

3 comments:

  1. Jeff, thank you for sharing your heart with us on this blog. We are so sorry that Shiloh couldn't stay here on earth a bit longer. Our prayers are with your family constantly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to know you are home! I haven't wanted to call and bombard you with company, so I sent an email today. Let me know if I can bring a meal or whatever.
    The blog didn't say if Shiloh's service would be private or not. Also- has Les gotten to see him yet?
    I'm praying for you.
    Love, Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so good to hear that you are all home as a family again. I will continue to pray for your speedy physical, spiritual and emotional recovery. I love you guys. I will miss seeing you at Zale, but will think of you daily. I look forward to hearing about your therapy. Thank you for this website. It is very encouraging and uplifting. Congratulations for completing one big mountain in your life, God being coach.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to share..