Thursday, February 5, 2009

back to reality

Hello,Beloved.

The countdown is almost over, And as we prepare to leave room 806...I cannot stop the tears. So many new friends that have made my going home possible. I never thought 5 weeks ago, that it would be hard to leave. I have been in 'survival mode' these past weeks,and it is difficult to leave this refuge. It has been hard work and i have missed my home...but my stroke has given me an opportunity to focus on my recovery and to put off grieving my loss of Shiloh. And so, this weekend is the end of my hospital stay...but also the beginning of my healing of my broken heart.

how grateful I am for my stroke. isn't that just like our God?

Jeff and I have said very little about losing our baby on this blog. I guess it is because we were incapable of dealing with my stroke and Shiloh's death at the same time.
so, as Jeff said this is the beginning of a new chapter of this blog. i hope you will continue this journey with us.
I just want to encourage you to turn in your bible and read about Hannah-look in 1 Samuel chapter 1. she was without a son and she prayed to God to remember her...
scripture says she was bitter...then God answers her prayers...and she glorifies the lord with a beautiful prayer..
the amazing thing is that she sends her baby to the temple to live and to worship God. She too, suffers a loss.I I really was touched by Hannah's story when Jeff and I lost our first son,Chet ,3 years ago. we decided to name our baby Shiloh, because, like Hannah, we prayed for another baby...and He heard our prayers.

I am running out of steam. Good night,all.

now I lay me down to sleep.
i pray thee Lord, my soul to keep...

thank you thank you dear sweet Lord.
Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to share..