Tuesday, January 6, 2009

10:30pm

Hello everyone, my wife told me just a few minutes ago to go and get some sleep so I said "yes ma'am," but before I sleep, I wanted to take a minute and tell you the rest of the day. After the tube was removed Leslie had so many questions so we slowly went through them all throughout the day, during that time Leslie's blood pressure stayed in a good spot. She asked if she could get something warm for her throat, so we sipped a cup of hot tea. Leslie finished up her round of magnesium. This was the medicine that would keep her from possibly having a seizure, it makes feel very hot and just really makes you feel bad. She came off of this around 6:00pm and they said it would take 2 to 3 hours to come off of it fully. It did and now Leslie's color looks a lot better. I talked to the doctor. He said things look to be going very well we just need to keep resting and give it time for recovery. The platelets in the blood have continued to rise and all of her other levels seem to be going in the right direction as well. Leslie's movement seems to also be improving -- they even had her sit up on the side of the bed today and she was able to kick her leg up. My wife is a very strong lady and I am very proud of her..

We want to thank each of you again for your continued prayers for our family we are truly blessed...

God bless I will get back with you tomorrow after we begin our day.
Love JRP

8 comments:

  1. Leslie and Jeff- you are both in our prayers here at Grapevine. I am so thrilled to here all the great progress you are making Leslie. My heart aches for your loss. God will see you through this hard time like He always helps us who lean on Him. We will continue to check this blog to get updates. With all our love, Melinda Bohanon (antepartum nurse).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeff and Leslie,

    I continue to be amazed at the power of our wonderful God. I praise Him for the improvement in Leslie. May God pour out a special blessing on you today. Your entire family remain in my thoughts and prayers.

    Love,
    Chris Parker

    ReplyDelete
  3. To Momma & Daddy,

    I'm doing good. We rented some movies and last night I watched Goldilocks and the 3 bears and a movie about bugs flying to the moon! I really liked Goldilocks! I got sleepy watching the last movie so we went to bed around 10:00pm and slept util 9:00am this morning!! This morning I wanted to watch a movie about Beethoven - a 185 pound dog! I'm having my breakfast while I watch the movie and I really like it!

    I know that the doctors want my momma to rest so we can't come to see you... even though I know I could be really really quiet like a bunny!!

    But when we are done with our movie, we are going to get a bath and then we are going to get out on this beautiful day and do something fun! I already said I want to go back to that blockbuster store and take back these movies and get some more!!!

    I love you and will let you know what else we do today!

    Beau Larkin Power

    ReplyDelete
  4. WE LOVE YA'LL AND YOU ARE DIFFENTLY IN OUR PRAYERS. BE BLESSED IN THIS DAY.
    PAT AND DAVID ECHOLS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jeff and Leslie,

    May today be a day filled with God's grace and goodness. Leslie, I am so very glad that you are improving......I pray that God will place His strong and loving arms around you, Jeff and Beau and heal and comfort as only He can.

    Love and prayers,
    Chris P

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is heartening to see Leslie's beautiful face on this page, which is so helpful to prevent all of us all around the country from worrying the family so frequently with inquiries. Jeff, you and Leslie must treasure each other, and beautiful Beau, and your two little angels in heaven. You are all in our thoughts and prayers.Anne Butler, St. Francisville, Louisiana

    ReplyDelete
  7. Leslie and Jeff,
    I am so sorry to hear of the troubles that ya'll are going through. My prayers are with you both and with your family. Ya'll hang tough, depend on God, depend on each other.
    Wayne Philpot

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been thinking about you Leslie...every single day...and waking up in the middle of the night to pray for you...! Therapy is difficult.. but please concentrate on each thing they want you to do and before you know it, you will be good as new. I send you a hug and lots of love for continued recovery. Rest in the Lord, and have Jeff read Isaiah 41:10 to you out loud. It was written for you, I'm sure.

    Brenda Blair Vinson

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to share..