Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Wednesday Jan29 Special Guest Night

Good evening to all are dear family, friends and brothers and sisters that have walked with Leslie in this storm...
I am not going to talk tonight, my beautiful wife Leslie has asked to see the computer tonight, here is my sweet Leslie .........................



hello, beloved.

i miss you all -terribly -




i can not thank you enough for the calls, cards, and the blog entries....you are all so encouraging, but it is your faithful prayers and God's healing hands that have sustained me through the darkest times. when I read this blog - it is overwhelming. my husband, the servant - I will never look at him the same. surely you can all see his heart burns for our savior. oh, how he convicts my heart in the sweetest way. I look forward to sharing with each of you how God is working at the zale-lipshy building - it is always so fabulous to find yourself smack in the middle of His plan, or better yet, to feel yourself being used by Him. really, it's too big to comprehend, but it is so cool.



this is one cool thing that has happened: a "chaplain" stopped by to see me. We talked for a minute and then he said he wanted to share a verse with me, "for no other reason than i like it..."



so he shared Zephaniah, 3:17



The LORD your God is with you,

he is mighty to save.

He will take great delight in you,

he will quiet you with his love,

he will rejoice over you with singing."



I smiled the rest of the day imagining what song God might be singing over me....grateful for His love and how He has quieted my aching soul...



I turned to Zephaniah in my bible and read the verse right before this verse that was speaking to my heart...and I started laughing as I read.. On that day they will say to Jerusalem,"Do not fear, O Zion; "do not let your hands hang limp".






funny - how i felt like that verse was just for me....and as the frustration grows even now as i try to type with both hands - when only one works...i remember that my creator is singing over me, and my frustration turns to worship.....i will not let my hand hang limp...i want to sing to my king and soon I will. i will be the one with hands held high (no little thing coming from this southern baptist girl!!)





i am just 10 days from going home...yea!!

i am making progress every day....

can't wait to see you!!

Leslie

16 comments:

  1. Hi Sister!

    I'm sitting here in my "hoooteel" (as Beau would say) room in the very snowy Washington DC and decided to read the blog before going to bed.

    It was awesome to see you post a message and I laughed so hard about that bible verse!

    God has been so good to our sweet family and we are thankful! We are thankful for the wonderful progress you've made and that you have a target GO HOME DATE! We are thankful for your sweet husband and the example he has been for us all in keeping our eye on the Lord during a very difficult time! We are thankful for our Mother and the gifts that she's been so richly blessed with as an awesome caregiver! We are thankful for the incredible staff at Zale Lipshy!! We are thankful to have seen a small sliver of our Heavenly Father's plan in action over the past month!

    Love you so much! See you Friday! Big Kiss to my sugar lump!
    Renee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Leslie,
    Although I have seen you many times over the last few weeks, I am so glad to hear your heart! I know you are being used to serve Him, and that is the sunshine in this storm. I have cried many tears, but today they are for joy!

    Love you all so much! He is singing over you!
    Lo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeff,Leslie & Beau
    So happy for your progress and healing.
    You've been in our thoughts and prayers
    We look forward to having you back home at
    our wonderful and peaceful lake

    Don & Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh sweet Leslie, what chills and amazement I have as I sit and read YOUR words! I know that each letter was written with effort, but more importantly, that each keystroke was from the Lord - you are His Master's piece as your experience the Master's peace. SO beauitful to witness all that has and will continue to be accomplished through the Power family - hmmm, He gave you all the perfect last name!

    We love you, and can not wait to see you, hug you and walk along side of you once again!
    Much love,
    Linda for the Seifferth family

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Leslie. How exciting that you are able to type your own blog. Zephaniah 3:17 is one of my favorite verses. In the Catholic translation it says God dances over us. Can you picture Him dancing with joy as You worship and exalt Him in this trial? To God be the glory!

    Much love and prayers
    Harriet

    ReplyDelete
  6. Leslie, I am so thankful to God for His healing hand on you. It is wonderful to see God work in such a way. May each new day bring new victories. We love you and miss you. Glad you are getting to come home soon, think that will be good medicine for you.

    Chris P

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to come to work each day to see what God has done for you the day before....It's not what we can do for you Leslie....it's what YOU do for us. JOY! Starting our day off in the best possible manner....praising the Lord for his goodness towards us and his blessings on YOU.
    Brenda Blair Vinson

    ReplyDelete
  8. My God is mighty to save, He is mighty to save.
    I'm singing with you, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Typing thru tears, I appreciate you sharing your heart and thoughts and feelings. I am truly blessed to have prayed for you since we were told to put you on the prayer list by sweet Joey B.
    We will continue to lift you up... love Stephanie and Chad/and prayer team at Fellowshipchurch

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Beau and Leslie, it's Shawn from Driven Life. Don't know if you remember me from the Cedar Creek campus, but anyways I just wanted to let you know we're praying for you guys. As we all have been reading your blogs all we can say most days is WOW! Looking forward to seeing you guys again soon.

    Shawn Cowgill

    ReplyDelete
  11. Leslie, Jeff, and Sweet Beau-

    What a wonderful thing! I know that you have all been anxiously awaiting your 'departure date' and now it is rapidly approaching! God's work is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Leslie-
    In just one month, you have come so far. To you, I'm sure it has felt like a lifetime, but in the grand scheme of things, yours has been such a remarkable recovery. Don't count it as anything less than a miracle. To recover from paralysis in such a short time is astounding. There are so many of us lifting you to our Father each day, and he has been (and always is) so faithful. We will welcome you home and I am so happy that you will finally be back in YOUR OWN BED!!!!!
    All our love,
    The Pate's

    Psalm 105:1-8 NIV
    Give thanks to the LORD, call on his name; make known among the nations what he has done. Sing to him, sing praise to him; tell of all his wonderful acts. Glory in his holy name; let the hearts of those who seek the LORD rejoice. Look to the LORD and his strength; seek his face always. Remember the wonders he has done, his miracles, and the judgments he pronounced, O descendants of Abraham his servant, O sons of Jacob, his chosen ones. He is the LORD our God; his judgments are in all the earth. He remembers his covenant forever, the word he commanded, for a thousand generations.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Leslie, So happy to hear you are progressing and going home soon. It has been a long time since we saw you, but you are certainly in our prayers and in the prayers of many at S. MacArthur Church of Christ. Your name has been on the prayer list since they transported you to Zale Lipshy. Our prayers have been for all your family as they are such wonderful support for you. Love in Christ, Sudie and Ray McCoy - Terri, Meredith and Marla, too

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank goodness! I know that you are anxious to be home in your own bed with your wonderful family! Continued prayers for your health and healing are coming from the Franco family!

    Nick, Wendye, Carsen and Camryn

    ReplyDelete
  15. Leslie,
    Oh wow...I must confess, I left a comment before I read this entry so when I came back to read itI was blown away. As I type, I am boo hooing and trying to keep Kelley from looking over here to ask what is wrong because I really do not want to share this moment right now. I am overwhelmed with emotion at the love I feel for our Lord and Savior right now. He is so amazing! Through Him, you are so amazing and I am so thankful He has put you in my life. I do not have words to express to you what your testimony means to me at this time, but I can tell you that it comes at a point when I really really need it. Thank you so much for sharing your heart and your love. You truly are a blessing sent from above and I love you so much!
    Jay Jay

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to share..