Thursday, January 15, 2009

Thursday evening 10:30pm

Good evening to all, another late post for a long day. If I could take just a minute to tell you about my morning please, I had the great pleasure of spending the night with my sweet little girl Beau, and this morning she surprised me with breakfast in bed that Papa and her made, it was a wonderful start to my day...,enough about me lets talk about my beautiful wife. I arrived to the hospital late in the day, Leslie's mother had stayed the night so I could be with Beau, thanks Mimi, so when we arrived Leslie's PT was there doing some stretches on here muscles and working with her legs and lower back, this is were much of the pain has been, that has made it difficult for Leslie to rest or do any of her therapy, soon after the PT left Leslie's RT came to get us, so once Leslie was seated in her wheelchair Beau quickly asked if she could push, so off we went for our next session, Leslie did a great job ,she worked on her left upper and lower body control and movement, this was a fun activity for all because it involved a dog named Izzy, Beau thought she was pretty cute and funny. Once we were finished we went strait into OT, this is were Leslie works on her upper body strength and control, she did a great job, I was very proud of her. After we finished OT we took Momma back to her room for some rest, Beau spent some time drawing her Momma some new pictures for the room, Leslie tried to rest but her back and legs began to bother her after all the activities so we worked on trying to get comfortable in the bed... I am writing this entry from East Texas, my daughter wanted me to bring her home to check on the dogs and Beau needs to be in school tomorrow, so Aunt Renee is filling in tonight, by spending the night with her sister. When I spoke with Leslie earlier she was just getting her good medicine that should help her sleep tonight.

I'm going to get some rest now, thank you all again for your loving and encouraging comments today. I want to leave you with a verse shared by a friend today.


Psalm 121;1-2
I lift up my eyes to the hills where does my help come from?
My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth.

Thank you Father for your grace and mercy..
God bless
JRP

9 comments:

  1. Great to hear of Leslie's progress. I look forward to following her story and rejoicing in this precious story. Amy, OT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeff,
    Thank you for keeping us updated on Leslie and your family through this blog. I work with Michelle S. and she told me about the blog. Please know that I am praying for your sweet family and trust that the Lord will continue to bring healing to Leslie's body. I am rejoicing with you in each physical victory that Leslie has. I am so encouraged by the faith you have in the Lord as displayed in your words...it is a great testimony of the Lord's love in your life.
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you guys....I'm praying and praying for comfort and healing!
    Lo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leslie and Jeff,
    We are headed out of town but know that you are lifted up in our prayers every day, petitioning the Lord for complete healing of your body, as well as comfort and peacefulness of your spirit.

    Be strong, and let your heart take courage, all you who hope in the Lord. (Psalm 31:24)

    We are thankful for the gift of each new day.
    Lamentations 3:21-24 (King James Version)

    21This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope.

    22It is of the LORD's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not.

    23They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.

    24The LORD is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him.

    As soon as I return I will come see you ready to play a mean game of uno.

    We love you, Leslie, Jeff and Beau!

    Michelle and Brent

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jeff and Leslie,
    God is so good. We are praying for you and your family.

    These are the words to a song I sing.........they have been a help and blessing to me.......maybe they will be to you as well...


    Sometimes problems seem so big, they hide the light of day. Sometimes pain cuts so deep, I can't find the words to pray. Sometimes heartaches seem to be much more than I can stand, that's when Grace seems to take me by the hand.

    I know every pain I feel becomes His very own. God knows the weakness of my heart, that I can't make it all alone. For He knows what I can handle and never gives me more; when my strength comes to it's end, He has more Grace in store.

    He gives Grace in the midst of every storm. God gives Grace that carries the weary and worn. He's everything we ever need, for everything we face. So remember when it seems you can't go on God gives Grace.

    May God Bless you REAL good today!
    Love,
    Chris P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your family is in the prayers of many at this time...and my family is no different. My heart goes out to your entire family and I seem to find a sense of strength, faith and hope in knowing you have such a strong faith yourself.

    God bless.

    Lindsey L.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will trust in Him! I know you will too!

    LOVE YOUR NEW PICTURES ON THE BLOG!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jesus said, "Come to me all you who are weary and burdened and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
    Matthew 11:28-29

    Saturday, January 17th

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just wanted to know that we are keeping up with you guys, checking this blog daily and also when we see your folks out and about at Irving events...we are praying for you,

    Robin and Jim Filbeck, Jr.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to share..