Friday, January 9, 2009

A full day ,Friday

Hello everyone, there has been a lot of time that has passed since our post this morning. I am sorry for the delay in information, so here we go. Our meeting with all of the physical therapists today really made my sweet wife a little tired today. It was a lot of work and as always I was very proud of her. We had a new experience today riding on this combination bed/chair piece of furniture. This allowed Leslie and I to go for a walk which was much needed. Leslie has been in a bed now for five days, and our days and nights are running together which has been very frustrating, so the fact that we were able to go to the end of the hall and look out of the window was a beautiful thing. We have really enjoyed getting to know all of the staff here at the hospital, it is so cool to watch people use the gifts that God has given them to serve us, Wow, he is good.

We heard throughout the day that we may be getting to go upstairs to the physical therapy floor. As the day went on it looked more like we would be in the same room and same floor throughout the weekend, neither of us really wanted that, then at around 5:30 our nurse came to the room and said I needed to start packing and within 5 minutes we were gone, on our way up to the 8th floor..
We are so thankful for this opportunity, I was able to talk to the doctor about the other CT scan results that were taken on our way up to the 5th floor and she said the results were identical to the first test taken which is good, meaning it has not gotten any worse.

God bless you all

we love you all
your friends
JRP

5 comments:

  1. I thought you might get a good laugh out of these pictures of me and Beau. I hope you enjoy them =)

    http://s298.photobucket.com/albums/mm278/bellbrass07/?start=0


    -Zach

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeff and Leslie,
    I am so thankful to be able to read about Leslie's progress. She is on the road to recovery. I came in to work tonight and was shown Leslie's blog. I have thought of your sweet family non-stop this week. I am so happy to read of your stong faith. I want you to know that we have been praying for Leslie and Jeff and your daughter as well. I could not tell my mother, who is a strong beleiver as well, of details due to HIPPA, but I did ask her to pray for "Leslie" who I had cared for over the weekend. She said that God woke her at 2am Tuesday morning to pray for Leslie. She told me Wednesday that she felt that Leslie was getting better and was a beleiver as well.
    The two of you truly touched me and I was inspired by the love that you shared and the complete unselfishness of Leslie. In her most scared moment, she was apologizing that she could not move her leg and apologizing to Jeff about her condition and the baby. What a LOVELY lady she is. I will read the blog frequently if it is OK.
    All my love to you both,
    Christa Longbine,(RN during recovery-Baylor)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys are amazing! Thank you so much for opening up yourself and sharing your testimony. Your family is beautiful and I am praising God for the encouragment you have given me and those around you. God is smiling right now. I have been praying for you guys all day and especially since meeting Beau. She is absolutely adorable. What a precious gift from God. I stayed late at work and noticed Leslie had been moved to the 8th floor. I was so glad for you. You desire the best and God has you in the right place. Keep your eyes focused on HIM always. I wish you the best in in-patient rehab Leslie. Thank you so much for allowing me to work with you. You have been a blessing. I will see you when I return in a week. Amy Elliston your occupational therapist in ICU & 5th floor Zale.

    ReplyDelete
  4. God bless you as you go through your journey together. Prayers continue, Susan Underkofler

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you got to go for walk and great news about the CT scan!
    LOVE YOU ALL
    LO

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to share..