Monday, January 26, 2009

Monday 26th

Hope this post finds each of you doing well, I am sorry for the delay in information, but life just caught up with us and we had to take a break and take care of business. Now lets get back to more important stuff, like my wife and how she is progressing. Saturday was a beautiful day, but it came with some news that was not the greatest to hear. Saturday morning Leslie began having pains in her left leg, she told the doctor about this and they suggested that we do a Doppler scan of her leg, which happened Saturday afternoon, soon after we received the results and found that Leslie had a blood clot in her lower left leg, this was and is a scary thing for us. They started my wife on medicine immediately after getting the results and told us to stay in bed and keep our movement to a minimum, so we did just that ,stayed still and tried to get as much rest as possible. Beau and I spent Saturday night with momma and watched a good movie before going to bed. Sunday morning came we all started moving around and the nurses came in to give Leslie her next doses of medicine for her blood, and her other meds she is on. We spent some time listening to some praise and worship music Sunday morning, then Leslie's brother and his wife came in the door and shortly after we had our own church service, it was great to share strength and hope, glorify our God and fulfill what he has called us to do, honor him... we had some visitors from our church care group come buy to see Leslie and I think it was really good for her to have a little distraction from having to just sit still in the bed all day..... Mami and Papa droped in to check on Leslie on there way back from the ranch and Joey one of Leslie's great friends stayed the afternoon to help, Mimi came later in the day to spend the night and day with Leslie while Beau and I returned to East Texas to go to school on Monday. Talking with Leslie's mother today she said the doctors had slowly started to get Leslie up and moving again, they had checked Leslie's blood and felt it was getting close to the therapeutic stage, they said for her blood clot, this is a good thing. I also heard through the grapevine that my wife walked with the help of her therapist from her bedroom door to the side of her bed, no walker this time ,great job babe, wish I had been there... My wife is an amazing woman and our God is truly indescribable....


We love and thank each of you.

God bless you .... Leslie, Beau and Jeff

Psalm 19
1 The heavens declare the glory of God;the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
2 Day after day they pour forth speech; night after night they display knowledge.
3 There is no speech or language where their voice is not heard.
4 Their voice goes out into all the earth, their words to the ends of the world. In the heavens he has pitched a tent for the sun,
5 which is like a bridegroom coming forth from his pavilion, like a champion rejoicing to run his course.
6 It rises at one end of the heavens and makes its circuit to the other; nothing is hidden from its heat.
7 The law of the LORD is perfect, reviving the soul.The statutes of the LORD are trustworthy, making wise the simple.
8 The precepts of the LORD are right, giving joy to the heart.The commands of the LORD are radiant, giving light to the eyes.
9 The fear of the LORD is pure, enduring forever. The ordinances of the LORD are sure and altogether righteous.
10 They are more precious than gold, than much pure gold; they are sweeter than honey, than honey from the comb.
11 By them is your servant warned; in keeping them there is great reward.
12 Who can discern his errors? Forgive my hidden faults.
13 Keep your servant also from willful sins; may they not rule over me. Then will I be blameless, innocent of great transgression.
14 May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.


2 comments:

  1. Jeff, Leslie and Beau, precious friends, we continue to think about you and lift you before the Father. May He who created the heart and all within see fit to heal Leslie of this blood clot. We will continue to pray. Every blog, Jeff, allows to picture what's going on with Leslie and the progress she's making. I think I would have enjoyed the little cheer you and Beau did and I can just picture it in my mind's eye.

    Fondly,
    Craig, Linda and Ellie

    "Hear, O LORD, when I cry with my voice, and be gracious to me and answer me. 8 When You said," Seek My face," my heart said to You, "Your face, O LORD, I shall seek."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Tuesday Morning Sister!

    I'm on my way to Washington DC this morning and I'm sad I won't be able to see you until the weekend, but you won't be far from my thoughts or prayers!!

    I will see you on Friday and I know I will be amazed by the progress you make this week!!

    Love U!
    Renee

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to share..