Thursday, January 22, 2009

Thursday 9:00pm Our God is Good

It was a great day for Leslie, Beau and I .It started out with a wonderful breakfast together this morning, Leslie wanted to get out of bed and seated in a chair, so we both helped momma into a chair then we huddled around the cool little adjustable bed table and had a wonderful start of the day meal together. Shortly after we finished it was off to occupational therapy and the day went on from there. As Beau and I went to be with Leslie during her sessions I was very excited to see her continued improvement, Leslie has really been able to focus on her therapy now that several of the pains that were really bothering her are under control. During Leslie's physical therapy it was very nice to see what they had her do, Leslie affectionately calls it the evil walker, it is this piece of equipment that is designed to allow Leslie to stand up on her feet and rest her arms on these pads that surround her, she then started the journey back to the her room, Beau had to go to the bathroom so we left momma with her therapist, as Beau and I were leaving mommas room we stepped out of the doorway and there she was, Leslie took her time and had made it all the way back to her room on her own two feet, I am very impressed with my wife, she did a very good job making her way back to the room today, so Beau and I did a little cheer. After Leslie finished her therapy, Beau and I had to take momma on a walk to get some much needed fresh air and a little bit of that fine sunshine today. It seemed like today every time Leslie finished one session there was barely enough time to get a little rest before the other therapist showed up, so I have a feeling my sweet wife will rest well tonight, and I pray that for her. Beau and I came back to East Texas today to go to school on Friday, we are also just trying to give Beau a little structure again, it has been a little wild for her lately..

I am so thankful for the strength the Lord has given my wife, I am also thankful for the hearts he has given each of you that come, not only to see what the Lord is doing in our lives but to pray as well for Leslie and our family. Thank you to our family, our friends, and the many brothers and sisters, that we have never even met, but they have come to lift us up. Most of all thank you Father for bringing us all together in this incredible journey, LIFE......... Father may we honor you in all that we do.....Amen..............

2 Samuel 22:2
"The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer;

God bless

JRP

1 comment:

  1. Keep it up Leslie! You are a strong woman! You and your sweet family are in our thoughts and prayers always!

    The Franco's

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to share..