Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Tuesday Jan, 27 2009

Good day to you all.., what a day. I am very excited to tell each of you that Beau and I just finished walking behind Leslie all the way from the gym back to her room, it was a beautiful thing to watch, I am very proud of my wife... There were congrats and praises from not only nurses, doctors and staff but patience as well, as we walked down the hall, this touched me deeply. When Leslie sat on the side of the bed she said I need to take a rest, so Beau and I put mommas pillows were they needed to be and covered her with a blanket, turned off the lights and left the room so Leslie could get a little Nap before her next session at 3:30pm. This next session will be with Leslie's (ST) speech therapist, it will also be her last meeting with her (ST), we were told just a few minutes ago that Leslie has graduated from her speech therapist classes and will no longer need to meet with her (ST), what a wonderful thing, it has been a very eventful day. As many of you know Tuesday is a big day here at the hospital because this is the day were we get our report card, so shortly after 11:00am this morning we were given Leslie's report card and told that there was now a discharge date, I have to say the room lit up with smiles, this was a huge piece of info for us to get an answer to , the big day is February 7, a week from this coming Saturday, how great is that. I cant tell how wonderful this has made my wife feel, now we have a date to shoot for.....Your prayers and letters have truly lifted my wife's spirits, and the comments on the blog have been a blessing.. Today was another one of those days were I really enjoyed watching people use the gifts that God has gifted them with, what a beautiful thing to watch...

Thank you Father for your Grace and Mercy

We love you all
God bless JRP
Psalm 150
1 Praise the LORD. Praise God in his sanctuary; praise him in his mighty heavens.
2 Praise him for his acts of power; praise him for his surpassing greatness.
3 Praise him with the sounding of the trumpet, praise him with the harp and lyre,
4 praise him with tambourine and dancing, praise him with the strings and flute,
5 praise him with the clash of cymbals, praise him with resounding cymbals.
6 Let everything that has breath praise the LORD. Praise the LORD.

John 15
The Vine and the Branches 1"I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. 2He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful. 3You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you. 4Remain in me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.
5"I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. 6If anyone does not remain in me, he is like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned. 7If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you. 8This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples.
9"As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. 10If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commands and remain in his love. 11I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete. 12My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. 13Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends. 14You are my friends if you do what I command. 15I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you. 16You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit—fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name. 17This is my command: Love each other.

12 comments:

  1. Leslie,

    I am truly happy of all the progress you have made in your therapy. You have amazing strength from God that is really something to read about from this blog. I have been wanting to come see you but did not know if it would be to hard for you to visit. I have really missed talking to you and can't wait to hear from you. You, Beau, and Jeff are and continue to remain in my prayers everyday. You are never far from my thoughts. Jeff has been such a great husband keeping everyone informed on your progress. ( thank you Jeff!) You are both such dear special friends to us and I truly thank God that our paths crossed at such a perfect bittersweet time. I know that our boys are taking good care of their new little brother/ friend in heaven. Will be so glad to have you back at home on Feb 7th.

    Luv ya,
    Nicki

    ReplyDelete
  2. How AWESOME is that!!! I can't wait for you to come home!! Praise the Lord!!! I love you!
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praise God! I am so proud of you Leslie!
    Love you all
    LO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jeff & Leslie, Linda came into the room moments ago as I was rocking Ellie with tears in her eyes as she shared your report with me. The praises and cheers went up here in Wichita too as the three of us clapped and praised God together! What wonderful news! What great progress! Kudos ("Kudos" is Greek for, 1) "dog gone, way to go girl!", and 2) "the euphoric high you get when eating Shitake mushrooms!") to you Leslie for your diligent and hard work. We rejoice hearing that you graduated Summa Cum Laude (highest honors, of course!) from your speech therapy classes and now have a discharge date! Praise God to whom it is due.

    1Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. 2 I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. 3And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, "Now the dwelling of God is with men, and he will live with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. 4 He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away."
    5 He who was seated on the throne said, "I am making everything new!" Then he said, "Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true."

    P. S. Ready, set . . . race you to the North Braums!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are REJOICING with you!! Leslie, we are so proud of how far you've come and so happy that you will be home soon!!
    As usual, if you need anything, please speak up. Let us to be the hands of Jesus to help in any way you need. We love your family so much.

    Matthew 5:6
    Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for rightousness, for they will be filled.

    The Pate's

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are so happy that Leslie is doing so GOOD! Take care and we will continue to keep you in our prayers!

    Love,
    Rhonda and Greg Evers

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is fantastic news!! Obviously all of your hard work (along with the talents of the people helping you) is paying off...so keep at it girl. The Lord is definitely good!!!

    Love you,
    Cathy & Richard

    ReplyDelete
  8. Prayers are answered. What a great day to
    look forward to! As always you are in my
    thoughts and prayers. God is great!
    Kay Branch

    ReplyDelete
  9. Greetings in the name of our Lord and Savior:

    I thought I would take a minute to give praise and worship to our God who is able to do all things. (Isaiah 55:11) “So is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it” The blessings of the Lord are yea and amen. Do not be weary in well doing for you will reap your reward in due season.(Hebrews 10:35,36) “So do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded. You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised. I hope that these bible verses encourage and uplift you. You guys are God’s special children and he does love you. Thanks Leslie and Jeff for sharing your lives with so many for the testament that there is a God and he is alive and living and is all powerful. Be Blessed. Sincerely, Renita Harris.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We are so excited about your progress, Leslie. We will keep praying for your continued healing. God bless you all. Your growth and commitment to Him are evident!

    Love,

    Tom & Harriet

    ReplyDelete
  11. What wonderful news! God bless all the people that have used their talents to help your family! You are still in our thoughts and prayers! If we can do anything, please let us know!

    The Franco's
    Nick, Wendye, Carsen & Camryn

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Friends,
    We are rejoicing with you and can't wait to welcome you back to Care group. It has not been the same without you. I was thinking today about how much my faith and love for the Lord has grown as I have witnessed your deep faith and trust in our Father. We love you all.
    Barb

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to share..