Sunday, January 11, 2009

Sunday 7:00 pm

What a beautiful day, Leslie's day started out with another opportunity to get out of bed and into the shower, again this is like medicine for my wife...., Leslie's vitals are all looking very good and consistent after all the adjustments to her meds. Leslie is still having a problem with headaches and being in the bed most of the day makes it a little painful on your body, so we have been learning how to shift around in the bed and use pillows to change it up a little. Today we received a preliminary schedule for all the different therapist that we will start to see tomorrow, this will most likely change up a little after we start to put together Leslie's goals and objectives for herself, again I cant say enough about the staff they have been very kind and helpful.Leslie and I were talking this afternoon about how blessed we feel and how incredible the love and concern has been towards our family, we just want to thank each of you again for your prayers and comments you have left us on the blog, they have truly been uplifting. I kind of feel that I have been typing the same things for the last couple of days, but I think that we will have lots of new info tomorrow when we start our day of therapy. I was really excited to have a chance to hang out and spend the night with my sweet little daughter, we went to eat, had some ice cream and just snuggled, snuggling is a great thing.. we also had breakfast in bed, Beau thought that was pretty cool.

We will continue to update you tomorrow ,thank you all for your prayers, Leslie Beau and I are truly blessed....

Love and God bless

Leslie, Beau and Jeff

9 comments:

  1. Please tell Leslie that several times throughout the day, I have caught little Maddie praying for her! It is so precious to see a 3 year old interceding for a friend. You are loved.
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isaiah 41:10 & 13
    (10) Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, yes I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
    (13) For I, the Lord your God, will hold your right hand, saying to you, "Fear not, I will help you."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a Great Day Leslie!!! In your new warm-up suit and going to work of therapy!!! I will be thinking of you a praying for you!!!

    Love you!

    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Monday Morning Sweet Sister,

    Wish I could be there with you today to help with the pillow shifting and cheer you on as you start your physical therapy, but there is this thing called work... that I have to get back to today. :-(

    Just wanted you to know that I'm thinking about you and praying for you and I'll see you tonight!

    Love ya Sista,
    Renee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey guys,
    I have no clue who you are as well as the following of me, but I recieved an email from my church for a prayer request and it mentioned you. Along with it was your blog and I must say that while reading this, God has truly broken my heart for you! As I sit here, tears streaming down my face, I'm reminded of how we stumble through each day thinking that we have rough lives and in our own pitty of 'why,' if we stop and look around, we are TRULY blessed to have it so good. I am sorry you are going throuh such hard times and wish there was something I could do to help. I hear alot of peole say that they wish they could do more than prayer, but prayer is way more than anything else they could ever imagine it to do! I will pray day and night for you and your beautiful family. It's kind of an odd thing that this just fell in my lap, but I know that God has layed you on my heart through this and I will be your personal prayer warrior! Again, I am sorry for your pain, but know that through 'God' ALL things are possible! Great song choice, btw :) Praying for the Powers,
    * Brandi Graham *

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Leslie,

    Just wanted to say that I am so very proud of you. You are such a very strong person and I admire that. God is so good! We are all still praying for you and the family. I hope you are feeling better today.

    Love ya,
    Nicki

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope your first day of therapy is going great, Leslie. And that they gave you a good lunch. I just finished my Healthy Choice frozen dinner and will soon be going back to my job. Still praying for your recovery.

    I'm also enjoying the music on your blog. Someone is sure computer savvy! Is that you, Jeff? Right now it's playing the Lord God Almighty reigns.

    Much love, Harriet & Tom

    ReplyDelete
  8. Praise Him, Praise Him, Praise Him! To God Be The Glory!! We will continue to intercede for you! Our Lord is the ultimate Physician and Healer
    I know that God's nearness is your good, as the Psalmist said. And that the Name of the Lord is a strong tower, the righteous run in and they are SAFE!
    The Stanphill’s love the Power family and we pray for strength, healing, wisdom, joy and trust for the entire Power family today.
    We continue to bow our knees constantly pleading to the Father on your behalf. Grateful to know how to pray for Leslie, you, Beau and your family specifically. Praying to the Jehovah-rapha...our God who Heals!

    Love you! Michelle, Brent, Ashley, Logan and Maison

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Leslie, Jeff and Beau,Just wanted you to know that Henry, Emily and I are keeping you in our thoughts and prayers for a very speedy recovery.  We have been keeping up with your progress on this blog, and have really been touched by the messages.  Looking forward to more and more positive reports!  Take care and God Bless!Mary Jo Coronado

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to share..