Saturday, January 10, 2009

What a beutiful day...Saturay 6:00pm

Well it has been an incredible day, and I am so proud of my wife, she has done such a great job today, I just had to stop typing because I saw something out of the corner of my eye, it was my wife's left foot wiggling just a little, she thought that was pretty cool so she said watch and she was able to do it again, Wow how incredible is this body that the Lord has given us. Leslie also was able to finally take her first shower in days, hot water, shampoo and conditioner this was like medicine to my wife. After getting her shower they took Leslie down to the gym and there a new friend named Max assisted Leslie in getting up and taking three beautiful steps. Beau wanted to do a little decorating today in mommas room so we brought a few things went by the gift shop and we bought some flowers for her room, Beau did a great job decorating the room, and had a great time getting to see and spend time with her Momma . We are trying to get ourselves ready for Monday, this will be the beginning of a new week for Leslie full of new things ,they say it will be like going to work, we will be getting dressed in exercise clothes and spending three hours a day in physical therapy, several people have asked me, what are they saying about time of stay. The doctors we talked with said possibly four weeks to get Leslie ready for going home, I am sure this could change at any time. I would like to take a moment and say a word of thanks and gratitude to all of the incredible doctors, nurses and staff from both Baylor Grapevine and Zale Lipshy who's paths we have crossed, it has bin incredible to see how God has gifted each of you ,and to see your heart and the passion with which you serve the people you do. Leslie, Beau and I are truly blessed and thankful that each of you were there to serve us, remember its not a matter of if there will be storms in our lives, its a matter of when, that is when we draw nearest to our Father. Thank you all for your prayers and your continued support for Leslie.

I will continue to keep you updated as to the days events

God bless
The Power family

8 comments:

  1. I'm proud of you too, Leslie!! Hugs from us--
    The Pate's. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have felt like part of a big family at SRI in the last year I have been there. It is so amazing what you and your family are doing for the kids and their famlies out there. Take this time to heal yourself sp you can get back to us. I will be holding you all close to my heart and keep you in my prayers. EC

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Leslie! Just wanted to give you a shout to say hi and to let you know that I think about you and your family every day! I knew from the moment I met you that you ARE a strong woman... and your family has a very true, unshakeable faith! I am so proud to here how you are doing with your therapy! My thoughts and prayers will be with you constantly in the coming weeks! ~Becky

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jeff- Thanks for taking such good care of my friend, Leslie & Beau are SO fortunate to have you. I want you to know how much we love you too, and are praying strength & encouragement for you and what you have experienced this past week.
    I feel the need to do something, but don't know what I can do. Would you like something from home? I can bring it. Would Leslie appreciate something cute to wear? I can get it. Are there chores at home that need to be tended to? I can do them for you. Let me know how I can be a blessing to all of you.
    Jennifer & the Pate Family

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that's incredible news! Leslie, you go girl. I know the next couple of weeks will be challenging, but our Father is mighty & great! We're praying and pulling for you. Keep Looking up!

    'The name of the Lord is a strong tower; the righteous run into it and are safe.' Proverbs 18:10

    Chuck & Rhonda Brazell Family

    ReplyDelete
  6. Leslie, we are so excited about your progress! Can you hear me cheering for you?....."Go....Go Leslie....Go, Go...Go Leslie....Yeah!"
    Love you sister! Joey

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Powers Family,
    We just wanted you to know how sorry we are for the loss of little Shiloh. We are praying for each of you and for Leslie's recovery. When Leslie is ready there is a wonderful blog that has really helped me through the grief of losing a little one. It is called Bring the Rain... www.audreycaroline.blogspot.com
    We love ya'll and will continue to pray for you.

    Love,
    The Lorick Family

    ReplyDelete
  8. MANY are praying for you here in Wichita. I've been flooded with sweet emails and encouraging comments showing concern and requesting updates on Leslie's progress and telling of prayer for her.
    A verse that deeply encouraged us today and that we pray for you is Psalm 20:7 Some trust in chariots, and some in horses; but we will trust in the name of the Lord, our God.

    Affectionately, your Wichita Friends praying for you

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to share..