Friday, January 23, 2009

Friday Jan.23

Good evening to all, today was a beautiful day here in East Texas, as many of you know Beau and I are in East Texas spending a little time at our house and checking on our dogs, we had a great day together, we do miss not being with momma, but we left her in great hands all day with Mimi. I am going to do my best to fill you in on Leslie's day, not having first hand knowledge of it, I spoke with Mimi and it sounded to me that today was very much like yesterday. Leslie was able to get a good nights sleep, and the day started off with a bang, all the different therapists came to get Leslie and took her to work, Mimi said Leslie had a date with the walker again and did a great job, wish I had been there to see her strolling down the hall. Beau and I tried to call Leslie several times today, but each time we called she would be gone for another therapy class, it was a busy day for our momma. Leslie really has continued to get better, her strength and movement on her left side has improved with every day, God is good. We are very thankful for the gifts, talents and drive God has gifted all of our therapist, doctors, nurses and support staff with, it is a beautiful thing to watch people do what there were gifted to do. Beau and I will be returning back to Dallas on Saturday to spend the weekend with Momma, It is only by Gods grace, and your prayers that we feel peace being away from our wife, our momma.... we thank you again for honoring our Father by your continued love and prayer for Leslie .


We love each of you, have a wonderful weekend,
spend it on things not of this world, but things of the heart


God bless JRP

Colossians 2:6-8

Freedom From Human Regulations Through Life With Christ.

6So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, 7rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness.

8See to it that no one takes you captive through hollow and deceptive philosophy, which depends on human tradition and the basic principles of this world rather than on Christ.

5 comments:

  1. It is a pleaure to stay with my sweet Leslie to help her when she needs me. She is so strong in her faith and always waiting for the right time to witness to others about her Jesus from her bed.I am so gratful for her life she means so much to me and all her family. God is so good and faithful I thank all of you for you prayers,visits, cards, calls. May God bless all of you Love Momma, MiMi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad Leslie is doing so well. Give her our love, not a day goes by when we aren't thinking of her.

    Psalm 94:18-19
    When I said, "My foot is slipping," your love, O Lord, supported me. When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought joy to my soul.

    Love you guys!
    The Pate's

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just thinking about you dear one. I hope you have a good day and I'm so pleased to hear the strides you are making. I love you all... may this day be blessed beyond measure.

    Love,
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry that I didn't know about Leslie when I saw you at the marina. I'm thinking about you both and if I can help you in any way, just call me. 903.681.6850. You are in good hands at Zale. They took great care of Mary for us.

    Love,
    Jerry Tumlinson

    ReplyDelete
  5. Leslie and Jeff, We once again were so encouraged after our visit with you both. It is all so of our wonderful Lord to continue to strengthen you both. I came home and found our verse for the week at school and knew I had to share with you. I'm so amazed ALWAYS at God's timing! Romans 8:37 "But in all these things we overwhelmingly conquer through Him who loved us." God is so faithful and we are so blessed! Because of His Amazing Love Dana

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to share..