Monday, January 12, 2009

12:30 pm Monday

Leslie and I are kinda dizzy after all the people we have seen this morning, I also learned allot of abbreviations so I will share them with you, first we started out with (OT) Occupational therapy, they did several workouts and stretches with Leslie's upper body, arms, hands, and fingers, Leslie's movement has improved and I am very proud of her. Then we had (PT) Physical therapy come by, this is were we work on Leslie Sitting up , standing, getting out of bed and walking, my wife did really well. Then back to the room we went, there we ha just enough time to catch our breath before (SP) speech therapy came by to see us, as I sat there and listened to the questions and problems they asked her to solve,I began to realize I was having a hard time answering them, so when they left I told Leslie she had out scored me by a mile , another proud moment for her husband. Then as we were finishing up (SP) a knock on the door and here we go to (RT) recreational therapy, I was anxious to see what high tech equipment and things they were gong to use on us, and after getting put in position we were hooked up to a Wii, we did Wii therapy, so my wife and I went bowling, for those not sure what a Wii is ,it is a video game that just so happens does and incredible job at eye hand coordination not to mention it is kinda fun, and I must say my wife had several strikes during the game. Today was not really the funnest day though, because Leslie's lower back has really been hurting her from being in the bed for the last seven days, so after going bowling we went back to the room laid down for just a moment then back up for one more round of (PT) physical therapy we stood up and worked on our balance and took some small steps, Leslie also learned a little about operating a wheel chair she did very well. Since getting back in the room we have been in bed resting and taking care of a headache, while I have been typing this post my wife has been sleeping very soundly, this is a good thing, because I have a feeling she will need this rest for tomorrow.

Well that's all for now, I may have more to share before the day is over but until next time, thank you all again for your love prayers and support Leslie Beau and I cant thank you enough.

The body of Christ is a beautiful thing to behold, to watch it, and feel its impact is an incredible thing....

Psalm 33

Sing joyfully to the LORD, you righteous; it is fitting for the upright to praise him.
Praise the LORD with the harp; make music to him on the ten-stringed lyre.
Sing to him a new song; play skillfully, and shout for joy.
For the word of the LORD is right and true; he is faithful in all he does.
The LORD loves righteousness and justice; the earth is full of his unfailing love.
By the word of the LORD were the heavens made, their starry host by the breath of his mouth.
He gathers the waters of the sea into jars ;he puts the deep into storehouses.
Let all the earth fear the LORD; let all the people of the world revere him.
For he spoke, and it came to be; he commanded, and it stood firm.
The LORD foils the plans of the nations; he thwarts the purposes of the peoples.
But the plans of the LORD stand firm forever, the purposes of his heart through all generations.
Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD, the people he chose for his inheritance.
From heaven the LORD looks down and sees all mankind;
from his dwelling place he watches all who live on earth-
he who forms the hearts of all, who considers everything they do.
No king is saved by the size of his army; no warrior escapes by his great strength.
A horse is a vain hope for deliverance; despite all its great strength it cannot save.
But the eyes of the LORD are on those who fear him, on those whose hope is in his unfailing love,
to deliver them from death and keep them alive in famine.
We wait in hope for the LORD; he is our help and our shield.
In him our hearts rejoice, for we trust in his holy name.
May your unfailing love rest upon us, O LORD, even as we put our hope in you

God bless

JRP

18 comments:

  1. Jeff, Leslie and Beau,
    Those of us at First Christian Church Athens continue to pray for all of you, for faith, for strength, for healing, for daily miracles, and most of all, for God's love shown in your love and caring for each other.
    God Bless You and Keep You in His Protection,
    Jack and Barbara Pettycrew

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME! I am proud of you girl....and I am tired for you.
    LOVE YOU
    LO

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Lord gives strength to his people; the Lord blesses his people with peace.
    Psalm 29:11

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leslie,
    I have been working out at the gym, and I have those days when I just don't wanna! (Most of them, actually) Anyway, there is this guy Joe who obviously has a passion for fitness and his advice to me is to "fake it til you make it!"
    So, on those days when you are tired and don't think you can do any more, just fake it til you make it!
    I love you friend--Get better soon!
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a difference a week makes! It is such a joy to see the progress Leslie is making, and the tremendous support she has from her loving hubby, Jeff. The Lord has you all in His loving hands, and will guide you each step of this journey. We just said our nite-nite prayers with Miss Ellie, and she said 'God, make Jeff and Leslie better, ok, bye.' - what a sweet prayer for our very sweet friends! We love and miss you...looking forward to bowling with you soon! Love, The Seifferth's

    ReplyDelete
  6. Leslie and Jeff,
    Both of you and your unwavering faith has inspired not only me and my family but my Sunday school class as well. We have a portion of our class time where we pray for others and I was grateful for their desire to immediately pray for HIS healing of Leslie and HIS comfort for both of you and all your family.

    As I go through the challenges of getting a couple groups of adolescents back on track after the diversions of the holidays, I pause sometimes to think about the daily battles you win with HIS help. Whether you take big steps or baby steps on any given day, both of you are moving forward ...not always by sight but always by Faith.
    God Bless You !
    Rick Boardman

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for the scripture....and the worship songs. I'm beginning to think the Lord may be starting a ministry through you of writing devotionals. I've been blessed each day by your blogs. Your openess, vulnerability, honesty,and most of all sharing your faith and steadfast hold on the hope God gives us.

    Tell Leslie I'm proud of her!! I can play a pretty mean game of wii bowling myself!! We'll have to play together! What an exciting day! Get some good rest...

    I love you,

    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  8. Praying with you,

    Robin and Jim Filbeck, Jr.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for the daily update. No, you aren't saying the same things. You are praising God and you can't do too much of that. I am missing work this week, but have been dying to check this blog. I am not your therapist anymore, but am very interested in Leslie's progress as well as you and Beau. You have a beautiful family and you are so encouraging to me. Thank you again for allowing God to work through you to impact me and several others around you. God is Amazing. He is miraculous!! Thank you for giving him the glory. Oh the Lord honors that so much. Also thanks for this music. I love it and will keep this blog open to listen to it the remainder of the night. Until tomorrow, I hope you stay warm. Have a wonderful Tuesday! Amy Elliston, Your Occupational Therapist in ICU/5th floor.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good Tuesday Morning Sista!

    I know yesterday was a challenging day for you in more ways than one. It's so hard to see someone you cherish so dearly hurting and I've been praying constantly that your back and your headache improve so you can get some much needed relief!

    Dave, his parents, and Zach all prayed last night for the same things - so we are lifting you up girlie!

    If I thought it would help - I would make you a Run-Lie special! Somehow, I think the smell would bother you right now so maybe that will need to wait for another day. :-)

    Love you & will see you soon!
    Renee

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jeff, the blog is so encouraging, dear brother. Your trust and dependence on God, the music you've chosen, and especially the passage, show God's work in your heart. This morning when I sat down to breakfast with Ellie and asked her to pray for her meal, she simply said, "Thank you for Jeff-fry, Leslie and Beau". Indeed, we are thankfully and wonderfully blessed by you three. We continue in prayers for you.
    Fondaly, your Wichita friends...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Guys,
    I have tried to leave several messages on this blog, but sometimes it acts a little crazy...or it could be me (no comments Jeffer!)
    Leslie..wow...what can I say? YOU ROCK GIRL! I am so proud of you...keep up the good work.
    Jeff, what a wonderful husband you are. You and Leslie are so wonderful for one another...so equally yoked...and Beau, what a precious one...Kelley and I especially love your letters to your Mommy and Daddy... what a blessing you are to them!
    Just wanting to let you all know we are contantly thinking of you. You are in our prayers, we love you and we would love to get that way to see you, but we know you are in awesome hands.
    Please rest well, work hard, and get out soon!
    Jay Jay, Kelley and the gang!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dear Jeff and Leslie

    You have written the most loving account of the past 12 days. It is such a blessing to witness that kind of love on earth. My thoughts and prayers will be with you in the coming days.

    Love you so much

    Helen Widener

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a joy to read how well you are progressing every day...Leslie...your progress is a blessed way to praise the Lord as we begin our work day.

    Restin the Lord and ask Jeff to read Isaiah 41:10 out loud for you...fill the room with the written word of his promises for you.
    Love you...and continuing to pray on your behalf
    Brenda Blair Vinson

    ReplyDelete
  15. Leslie, Jeff and Marie,
    Anita here, I just talked to Jeff and what an amazing man he is. To be able to endure all ya'll have gone thru and keep us all updated, it's wonderful. My Mom and I have been praying for your family since we heard. I wish you all the best in your recovery. It sounds like Jeff's right, you are a strong woman and I'm sure with all the love and prayers I have read on this blog you will be well soon. I'm sorry for the loss of your son. Marie you take good care of your baby girl and ask for help if you need it, I'm only about 15 minutes away.
    Love,

    Anita Malone

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wii bowling! Really?!! God definitely wants to hear laughter in the midst of your tears. Don't you just love Him for that?
    Stay close to Him so that you stay close to each other, OK?
    I miss you and am quite curious about the Run-Lei. Is that something that goes well with Sprinkles? If so, you set the date and I'll be there!
    Much love and many, many prayers,
    Jennifer Hearron

    ReplyDelete
  17. Keep up the hard work ,Leslie, I know you can do it! Know that I am here for all of you...just say the word...I will do anything! We miss you all and you are in our constant thoughts.Robin, Blake, Bobbie, and Brice.

    ReplyDelete
  18. May you be richly rewarded by the Lord, the God of Israel, under whose wings you have come to take refuge.
    Ruth 2:12

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to share..