Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Tuesday Jan, 20 2009

Good day to all, Tuesday, what a beautiful day, Leslie had a great nights sleep, and woke up ready to go, her medicine had really taken effect on her infection and this allowed Leslie to get some much needed rest and relief, Leslie's day started off with PT and OT in the morning, both of these therapies really wore out my sweet wife but she kept on going and did a great job. I always prefer to go with my wife to her therapies but some times I will take that time to work on other things while she is in therapy and it always excites me to see her when she returns because she has something new to show me, today as she was coming down the hall from PT they had removed the foot rests from her wheelchair so she had to hold both of her feet up so they could move down the hall she did a great job, Leslie said it feels so strange to give her left leg that command and then it just gets a mind of its own so I have to tell it again to get back in line, she did just that and her leg continued to stay up which allowed us to get back to the room were we waited for our visit from the treatment team, they arrive shortly after 11:30am and gave us our report card for the previous week, and we were a little let down because we did not get our discharge date yet ,that line was still blank, so after a moment we looked over other items on the report card and started to see areas of improvements from last week I was very impressed with my wife's report card she did a great job and I know that this week will be even bigger for her with her strength and her ability to rest a little better now she is going to do great. After all that excitement Leslie decided it was time for a rest before her next therapy session so we did just that, we rested. Beau came up to see her Momma for a little while today, as always great medicine for all of us to be together, then around 4:00pm Beau and I left for East Texas to go and check on the puppies and go to school for the day, a little daddy daughter time , but we left Momma in good hands, Mimi came to spend the night with her daughter, a little daughter daughter time. So with all of that in mind ,Leslie is pushing ahead one day at a time towards next Tuesday, to see what the report brings, again I am very proud of my wife and daughter....After the report came ,and there was no discharge date, the words of Psalm 27:14 came to mind, Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD.
We love each of you ,thank you for your continued support and prayers. I want to continue to lift up all we have met here at Zale ,Father I pray rest, peace and healing for each of them, thank you Father,,Amen................

God bless

JRP

PSALM 27
1 The LORD is my light and my salvation whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life of whom shall I be afraid?
2 When evil men advance against me to devour my flesh, when my enemies and my foes attack me, they will stumble and fall.
3 Though an army besiege me, my heart will not fear; though war break out against me, even then will I be confident.
4 One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
5 For in the day of trouble he will keep me safe in his dwelling; he will hide me in the shelter of his tabernacle and set me high upon a rock.
6 Then my head will be exalted above the enemies who surround me; at his tabernacle will I sacrifice with shouts of joy; I will sing and make music to the LORD.
7 Hear my voice when I call, O LORD; be merciful to me and answer me.
8 My heart says of you, "Seek his face!" Your face, LORD, I will seek.
9 Do not hide your face from me, do not turn your servant away in anger; you have been my helper. Do not reject me or forsake me, O God my Savior.
10 Though my father and mother forsake me, the LORD will receive me.
11 Teach me your way, O LORD; lead me in a straight path because of my oppressors.
12 Do not turn me over to the desire of my foes, for false witnesses rise up against me, breathing out violence.
13 I am still confident of this: I will see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living.
14 Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD.

3 comments:

  1. I am thinking about you honey... and you have my prayers each and every day. I love you all so dearly... xoxo

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeff,

    How you help to lift the Lord to his rightful place. Reading this daily has helped me find peace. I continue to pray for Leslie, you, and Beau. May God continue to bless you and keep you.

    Shelly Davis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeff,
    You, Leslie and Beau are such a blessing to us all. We love you, and I am blessed by your faith and unconditional love for our Lord, your precious wife and daughter, and your friends. Please know that all who know you, and those who don't, are blessed by your kindness, positive attitude, gratitude and uplifting words.
    Love you all
    LO
    PS....You better publish this one, or you're gonna get in trouble (wink)!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to share..